10 Ways to Monetize Your Blog
You have a blog. Great! Now, you want to know how to turn your passion into a side hustle. Maybe you want it to become your main hustle. Here are 10 ways to monetize your blog and start making that green.
1. Sponsored Posts or Reviews– If you are a member of Social Insiders then you already know all about this. Brands will give you free products and even pay you for your posts or reviews of their product. If you are not a Social Insider yet, you can find out more here. We connect Influencers with brands, it’s awesome!
2. Sell Ads on Your Site– Be careful which ads you put on your site. Make sure they are relevant to your audience and not overbearing to your site. You want it to be your page plus something your readers might like, not one big commercial that overshadows your voice.
3. Sell Online Courses– Do you cook? Clean? Workout? You can teach people how to do this too. Your time is valuable and you are able to teach a valuable skill. Break down what you want people to learn in some easy step by step lessons and sell the course online.
4. Offer Coaching Services– This is kind of a play off of online courses. Coaching allows you to offer more one on one guidance than the general knowledge you share in your online courses.
5. Sell Books– One of my favorite online recipe bloggers started selling a cookbook. I could not be more happy. Think about what you could publish from your niche and capitalize on it.
6. Sell Printables– I follow a home organization blog that sells printables of what items you should organize and declutter every day in your own home. It is a great way to stay on top of keeping my place orderly without having to tackle the whole house in one day.
7. Freelance– You write, you produce a product that people are interested in. Businesses will be interested in it too. Try offering your freelance services to brands you wish to work with.
8. Sell Items from Your Blog– Calling all crafters! Sell your amazing creations. Maybe you already do this but do not forget to link to where your readers can buy your products frequently.
9. Start a Podcast– Starting a podcast is a good way to grow your followers. It also happens to be a good way to gain paid sponsors.
10. Create a Membership Only Site– Keep your normal site that your followers know and love but offer extra content on a site where you need to log in. Sell that membership. Everyone loves to be a VIP.