Updated: Jul 8, 2021
How We Use and Manage Your Data:
Our mission at Social Insiders is to connect you with the Brands you love and provide you with great Campaign Opportunities. In order to match you best with Campaigns you care about we collect information from you. We only use the information we collect where we have a proper legal basis for doing so. We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have about it. We understand the importance of privacy and accordingly, treat all information received in a responsible manner.
Definitions of key terms are provided at the bottom.
- Note to California Residents: Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the Contact Us section below.
- Note to International Users: Social Insiders is located inside the United States and so are all of its computer servers. If you are located outside of the United States, your information will be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Service or your submission of any Personal Data to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Data outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Social Insiders is intended for people 18 or older, and in registering for this Site, Users are verifying that they are 18 years or older. We have also made an effort to specifically limit Social Insiders’ appeal to people of age 18 or older. Social Insiders will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 18. Social Insiders does not assume responsibility for misrepresentations regarding the age of any User made in connection with any User’s registration for or use of the website. We may terminate without notice the membership of any user if we believe that the User has provided any false information to us when registering for or using this website. If you are a parent and you learn that your child is using Social Insiders and you don’t want them to, please contact us.
In order to provide our Service, we use several different methods of data collection. We use this information in an effort to improve your experience on the Site and to communicate with you about information that you request, and Campaign Opportunities. We may also use this information to help us target specific services or offers to you, to contact you for troubleshooting purposes, to help us develop and improve our Sites, and to tailor our Sites to your interest.
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it: When you sign up and use the Services, consult with our Social Insiders Team Members, send us an email, post to our blog, or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect. By giving us this information, you consent to this information being collected, used, disclosed, transferred, and stored by us. Information from users of our Sites: “Personal Data” (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, etc.).
- We also obtain technical information when you use Social Insiders: This technical information is automatically tracked by services such as Google Analytics and Active Campaign, and other such services.
- Log Data: We may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in “Log Data” or “Log Files”: or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and action you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our Services for both you and for all our users.
- Device Information: In addition to log data we collect information about the device you’re using Social Insiders on, including the type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks, Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone.
- We also obtain information from other sources: We may receive more info about your demographic information, blog traffic, total social followers, and use of social media websites, by searching the Internet and querying third parties (we refer to that information as “Supplemental Information”). We use Supplemental Information to send you more relevant campaign opportunities, and define your total influencer reach, and eligibility to participate in campaigns.
- Search engines, such as Google and Yahoo, are owned and operated by third parties. Social Insiders has no control over such third parties, including, without limitation, their indexing and “crawling” of information for search purposes.
- Personal Data about our users is an integral part of our business. You acknowledge and agree that we may share your Public Content and a limited amount of Personal Data (by way of illustration and not limitation, your first name, last initial, and location) with third parties, who may in turn publicly display or publish this limited amount of Personal Information in connection with your Public Content on their own website and media platforms. Third parties like the Brands we work with. They may like your work and want to share what you did.
- We may disclose information to third parties about user behavior in connection with an actual or prospective business relationship. We provide some of our services through affiliates, service providers, partners, and other third parties. We, and our service partners, may use your personal information to operate our sites and to deliver their services. These affiliates and third-party service providers are not permitted to use personal information for any purposes other than to complete the order, assist you in participating in the particular service, and communicating with you. We will encourage our service partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your personal information by our service partners is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners and is not subject to our control.
- In the future, we may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Service. These companies may use information about your Public Content (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) and activity related to your use of the Service to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf, such as the creation of shipping labels and need to share your information with them to provide services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
- If Social Insiders is bought out or we enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Users have the right to restrict how their Personal Data is processed in certain circumstances.
Upon request and where required or otherwise appropriate, Social Insiders will endeavor to grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Data that it holds about them. Notwithstanding, such access may be denied by Social Insiders where:
- Such access could potentially disclose Personal Data of another person, and therefore, violate his/her privacy rights.
- Such access could potentially disclose information relating to any ongoing Social Insiders investigation
- Such access could potentially disclose Social Insiders confidential information
- The cost of such access would be significantly disproportionate to the benefits derived or to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question
- Social Insiders has a reasonable good faith belief that the request is not to correct data but to hide or alter data that could adversely affect the associate requisition the correction
- And at any point, it becomes clear that the frequency of any individual’s access requests are unjustified and harassing in nature.
- In the event a request is denied, Social Insiders will notify the individual regarding the reasons for the denial in writing. In addition, Social Insiders will endeavor to take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
Social Insiders will only allow access or transfer of Personal Data to other countries only for legal and customary business-related purposes, and only when Social Insiders has assurances that the information will be processed according to law. Social Insiders will routinely review local law, regulation, and policy for the most up-to-date protection of Personal Data. We will also use this knowledge to try to ensure the recipients in the other countries are meeting the same standards for the processing and protection of the information.
From time to time, we may request information from users of our Sites in connection with a contest or a sweepstakes. Participation in these contests or sweepstakes is completely voluntary and the user has a choice whether or not to give us this information. Information requested may include contact information and supplementary information about your interests, opinions, and preferences. We will use the contact information to notify winners. We may publish the winner’s first name, last initial, and city of residence on the Site, and in order to comply with state law, we may be required to share: (i) winner’ first name, last name, and address with state agencies and (ii) winners first name and last name with persons requesting such information via that mail. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organizations or Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the promotion.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond in a timely manner. Plus, we really like getting mail.
- We use industry-standard measures to protect Personal Information but we are not superheroes. We cannot guarantee the security of account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
- We restrict access to personal information to Social Insiders employees, service providers, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
- SOCIAL INSIDERS DID NOT MAKE THE INTERNET. SOMETIMES STUFF HAPPENS LIKE YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITES). NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN EVENTS LIKE THIS, SOCIAL INSIDERS AND ITS AFFILIATES CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE.
- Social Insiders will make its employees who process Personal Data follow this Policy too. Social Insiders will provide its personnel with appropriate training with respect to this policy. Noncompliance with the policy may result in disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers. “Do Not Track” is a standard that is currently under development. Because it is not yet finalized, Social Insiders adheres to the standards in this policy and does not monitor or follow any “Do Not Track” browser requests. That said, some of our features may have the ability to monitor or follow “Do Not Track” browser requests. We are working on it.
Social Insiders looks at all of the information on your blog and social media sites. Any information that you publish there can and will be used by us. To the extent you include Personal Data in your Public Content (such as a photo of yourself), third parties may be able to identify you. Please do not include information in your Public Content that you expect to keep private.
You may at any time withdraw your consent with future effect and without affecting the lawfulness of processing your Personal Data based on the consent you provided before you withdraw it, and exercise other controls regarding website and online data collection. Depending on the Service, collection and use of Personal Data may be required for the Services to work.
Opt-out: If you prefer not to receive our newsletter or other marketing emails from Social Insiders, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any newsletter or marketing email you receive.
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account and/or subscription or as otherwise necessary to provide you the Services. We will also keep your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request. Please contact us here for a deletion request.
- If you have questions about data retention practices, please contact us.
In this policy, the following definitions are used:
- Campaign Opportunities: Sponsored Content, Free Product for review, Brand ambassadorship, Social Media Amplification, Coupons, and discounts, etc. Any type of brand campaign that we offer is considered a campaign opportunity.
- Data Controller: A Data Controller is the individual or the legal person who controls and is responsible for keeping and use of Personal Data on computer systems or in manual files. The Data Controller is a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website.
- Personal Data: Personal Data is information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information. This includes such things as your full name, email address, precise location, device IDs certain cookie and network identifiers, and “Influencer Data”.
- Public Content: Profile Pictures, Social Media Activity, blog posts, contact information, or anything available to the general public that you published online.
- Services: Offering brand campaign opportunities and managing campaigns for our Brands and Influencers.
- Supplemental Information: Information We may receive about your demographic information, blog traffic, total social followers, and use of social media websites, by searching the Internet and querying third parties.
- Processing: Processing of Personal Data (or simply Processing) refers to any operation or set of operations that are performed upon Personally Identifiable Information, whether done by automatic means or otherwise. This includes the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, review, use disclosure by transmission, dissemination or making available in any other form, linking, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure, or destruction of Personal Data. We like to process data about what your interests are so that we may provide you with the most exciting brand opportunities.
- Sensitive Information: Sensitive Information is a special designation of Personal Information that warrants additional protection. Although the definition can vary by country, Sensitive Information is often described as data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning health, personal relationships, personal activities, and data relating to offenses, criminal convictions or security measures.
- “Social Insiders”, the “Site”, “Service” “We”, “Us”: Social Insiders, a Zooka Creative Company
- Social Insiders Team Member: A Social Insiders employee.
- “You” and “Your” “Influencer” “Subscriber”: You, the visitor and user of the Service.